Massachusetts Continuing Education COURSE
Fair Housing in Massachusetts
Understanding and abiding by fair housing laws is part of your responsibility as a real estate professional. The public expects and deserves competent, unbiased actions based upon thorough knowledge.
However, federal definitions of “protected classes” expand and change. As you learn about and review protected classes and fair housing laws throughout this course, you'll become better equipped to act with honesty, competence, and intelligence in serving your clients and customers.
In this course, we discuss the protections provided by the Fair Housing Act and Massachusetts fair housing law, and how you can best protect your clients from discrimination.
- Benefits of fair housing principles in real estate
- How attitudes and laws have changed to support a fair housing mindset
- Regulatory changes relating to fair housing
- Fair housing law in Massachusetts, including protected classes in the commonwealth that expand the classes covered by federal fair housing law
- Nondiscriminatory advertising
- “Red flags” of discrimination, and what to do when you see them
- Activities and scenarios to reinforce key concepts